The process to submit a damage claim for the Supplier is the same when the User has purchased Basic or Premium insurance. However, based on the insurance type, the claim is processed in two different ways by the xChange Claims Management team.
In order to start the damage process, Suppliers can either create the report through the Claims Manager (as shown below). To submit your claim here, all you need to do is click the +New Claim button. Alternatively, you can email the estimates of repair and pictures to email@example.com
When can a damage claim be submitted?
- As per the xChange Standard Container Leasing Agreement, the supplier has to share any damage claims within 5 working days (Mo-Fr) after equipment has been reported as returned in xChange.
- Within these 5 days the supplier can either submit via the Claims Manager on the deal page or via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If estimates are not sent to xChange within the timeframe stipulated above, the claim will be considered extemporaneous and therefore null and void.
What happens if the damage claim cannot be submitted within the above-mentioned time frame?
In case the above-mentioned time frame cannot be met due to reasons beyond the control of the Supplier, the xChange Claims Management team will determine how to proceed according to the Claims terms and conditions.
What information needs to be provided?
The Supplier needs to provide the following documents to successfully open a damage claim:
- Repair Estimate: Must be in English. It should include the following items:
- Container number
- Comp code
- Loc code
- Damage code
- Repair code
- Labour Hours
- Labour Cost
- Material Cost
- Total Cost
- Photos of the damages: Photos should clearly depict the damages mentioned in the repair estimate and the container number/ CSC plate. The minimal submission amount is 5 photos.
- Depot location & contact details
- Drop-off date
What happens once damage(s) have been reported in case Premium Insurance is purchased?
- The xChange Claims Management team will forward the information to the insurance partners and communicate to the Supplier to make containers available for inspection.
- An insurance-appointed surveyor will contact the depot and schedule the survey
- The xChange Claims Management team will receive the revised estimates from the surveyor and share the revised estimates with both parties. The results of the survey are final.
- The standard procedure for payment is:
- The supplier pays the total (revised) amount to the depot
- xChange credits the Supplier’s wallet with the total (revised) amount minus DPP
- xChange charges the User’s wallet with the total (revised) amount minus DPP
- xChange credits the User’s wallet with the insurance refund
The supplier is to make the equipment available for survey at his own cost. In case the supplier does not make the equipment available for survey or releases the equipment before the survey has taken place or the claim process has been completed, the supplier automatically forfeits the right to claim damages and will bear all repair-related costs.