After the acceptance of a request on xChange, the supplier is on-turn to provide the required pickup information (pickup reference, depot address, contact info) without undue delay.
The user is to give advance notice of pickup to the supplier / his depot latest 24h prior to the planned pickup in order to avoid issues such as non-release by the depot and resulting empty truck runs.
- If advance notice is given and the release is confirmed by the depot but then cancelled by the supplier without notice to the user, reasonable costs pertaining to the unsuccessful pickup (e.g., truck waiting time, empty runs) is on the supplier’s account. This does not apply if the costs could have been avoided by the user
- If no advance notice is given, or the user has been informed of the cancelled release, or costs could have been avoided by the user, all costs pertaining to the unsuccessful pickup (e.g., truck waiting time, empty runs) is on the user’s account
On pickup, the user is to visually inspect the units, in case an on-hire survey has not been conducted. By acceptance of the units the user agrees the unit condition is matching to the condition defined in the request. You can refer to this page to find out more about the container conditions.
Below can be done to ensure the quality of supplied units.
1) Send a surveyor for inspection
2) Send a colleague for inspection
3) Ask for pictures of the units
4) Instruct the truck driver to check for any visible damages
If the quality and condition of the equipment is less than agreed upon condition, users have the right to reject the units and ask for replacement. In case the units are rejected after pick-up;
- All costs related to the transport of the equipment to the supplier’s depot are on the user’s account.
- All depot and handling charges (e.g., gate-in fees, handling fees, storage fees, etc.) are on the supplier’s account.