Congratulations to your first accepted deal on xChange! We are happy that you will now be doing your first one-way move on xChange and would like everything to go as smooth as possible.
Since you already signed the BIMCO contract when signing up to the platform and you are an expert in logistics, this is probably nothing new for you. We want to make sure that below points are very clear for you as a new xChange member when moving forward with this deal. So please read the below points carefully and let us know if you have any questions or discuss any open details directly with the partner in the request chat.
If you are the Supplier:
- Make sure the equipment you supply is in a good and serviceable condition BIMCO 3. (a)
- Before you release any containers, confirm with the depot that the containers are ready for pick up and the depot knows the release details (reference number and eventually container numbers). BIMCO 5. (b) (i)
- All depot and handling charges (including depot barge handling) in Pick Up and Drop Off Location are always on the suppliers account. BIMCO 7. (a)
If you are the User:
- Once the containers are released by the supplier, you should pick up all agreed units from the depot within 14 days of the release date (if not otherwise agreed).
- Before you send truckers to pick up the containers, call the depot to schedule and confirm your pick up date and time latest 24 hours before pick up. BIMCO 5. (c)
- All transport costs or charges (including failed pick up attempts) to or from the suppliers depot are on the users account. BIMCO 7. (b)
- Pre-trip inspections on the delivery of reefer Equipment shall be for the User’s account. BIMCO 7. (d)
- Any rental and pick up charges apply from the day of pick up or stack change of each container less any free days until the containers are returned to the suppliers depot. BIMCO 8. (a)
- Rental and pick up charges are invoiced and paid monthly. BIMCO 8. (c)
- For any containers not returned within 12 months of pick up, the supplier may at his discretion charge the Depreciated Replacement Value (DRV) to the user. BIMCO 11.
- The user is liable for any actual or constructive total loss or damage. BIMCO 14. (a)