If your leasing deal is under the Standard Container Leasing Agreement, please refer to the following articles:
Pick-up process per BIMCO
Pick-up of the container by the user from the supplier’s nominated depot (and related costs) is regulated in the xChange Multiparty Interchange Agreement.
- After a leasing deal is accepted on xChange, the supplier shall provide pickup information (Release Reference, depot address, depot contact info) without delay.
- The user shall give advance notice of pickup to the supplier/depot within 24 hours prior to planned pickup, in order to avoid issues such as non-release by the depot and resulting empty truck runs.
- If advance notice is given and the release is confirmed by the depot but then cancelled by the supplier without notice to the user, reasonable costs pertaining to the unsuccessful pickup (e.g., truck waiting time, empty runs) are on the supplier’s account. This does not apply if the costs could have been avoided by the user.
- If no advance notice is given, or the user has been informed of the cancelled release, or costs could have been avoided by the user, all costs pertaining to the unsuccessful pickup (e.g., truck waiting time, empty runs) are on the user’s account.
- On pickup, the user is to visually inspect the units, in case on-hire survey has not been conducted. By acceptance of the units, the user agrees the unit condition is matching to the condition defined in the deal.
- Other costs
- All costs related to the transport of the equipment from the supplier’s depot are on the user’s account.
- All depot and handling charges (e.g., gate-in fees, handling fees, storage fees, etc.) are on the supplier’s account.
- In case the user requests a survey of the equipment, the supplier shall make the equipment available for a survey at his own cost. The cost of the survey is on the user’s account.
For a full description and legally binding version of the process, please see the Multiparty Interchange Agreement