The credit limit is the quantity of containers that a company can lease in as a “user” at any given time on xChange. The credit limit considers containers in requests that are accepted, released, and picked-up. When a company joins xChange, they have a credit limit of 20 containers that can be increased over time. The credit limit is in place in order to limit individual companies’ exposure towards the overall network and to ensure that xChange is a safe place for all its members.
Why have I reached the credit limit?
You may have reached your credit limit because of one of the two following reasons:
1. The number of containers in accepted/released/picked up requests with you as the user has surpassed your credit limit
2. Your credit limit has deteriorated and has fallen below the number of containers in accepted/released/picked up requests with you as the user
Please read How is the credit limit calculated? for more details. In general, companies are limited if they show below average operational and financial reliability while using xChange.
I have reached the limit, what happens with my requests now?
Reaching the limit has no effect on previously accepted/released/picked up requests. For new requests, you have the option to either:
- Increase your limit
- Pay expected charges upfront
- Agree with the partner that xChange cannot offer payment guarantee for this request - this means, we only credit the supplier once we receive payment from you. All other services would still apply as always:
- Pick Up and Drop Off Monitoring and Tracking
- Payment Handling (including invoicing and dispute resolution)
- Any Insurances (if selected)
- xChange Support for the request
Is there some leniency if I have a very urgent booking that would take me slightly above limit?
Your credit limit is always subject to individual considerations and can be adjusted based on your individual history with xChange. If you are in a situation like this, please reach out to your Customer Success team.
Who can I talk to if I have questions or concerns?
You can always reach out to the Customer Success team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the in-app chat widget. For specific questions, you can also directly reach out to the Finance team under email@example.com.